Monday, September 27, 2010

a birthday worthy of big celebration!

Every birthday is worth celebrating, but especially when you hit landmark numbers. This Wednesday, my amazing Grandpa (John), will turn 90! I love him so much! He was born and raised in Italy and moved to the U.S. when he married my beloved Grandma (Celeste).  He spent many years as a Barber, and my Grandma as an English teacher. My Grandma passed about ten years ago, and Grandpa gets very teary-eyed just talking about her till this day. They shared such an amazing love that I aspire to share with my husband. Grandpa still loves giving anyone who visits a free haircut, hehe. Last time we were visiting, I took some pictures of his stuff. There is nothing like the organization of my Grandpa- this too, I can only aspire to achieve. Enjoy, and Happy Early Birthday Grandpa!


Grandpa's bag o'tricks



A glass container of rocks from Napoli, from a visit in '88.

Grandpa grows his own strawberries, too! Is there anything this man can't do!?


Lastly, the obligatory picture of Grandpa cutting Dad's hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment